Friday 31 May 2013

Bank Holiday Hair

Last weekend was a Bank Holiday Weekend, and what a wonderful weekend it was.  A bit of time to recharge, beautiful weather and fun hairstyles.

I went to the Afro Hair and Beauty Show for the first time in a 3 years and had a great time taking in all the hairspiration.  Of course, in true Hair Of The Day style, the weekend also marked a time of hair experimentation, where I was trying out a particular type of hairdo.  The mission?  Perfect the sideswept 'do!  The outcome?  A work in progress...


This is the look I tried out on Saturday.  Simple, loose waves, with the hair slicked down on the other side.  


I liked it, and was able to find a a way to ensure the hair stayed on that side.  On Sunday I wanted to something similar, but with more curls, so it was inevitably shorter.  Same idea though.


I thought I preferred this style when I did it on Sunday.  I thought it was an overall cuter style with the small curls, but in hindsight, I can't really choose!  I guess part of wearing a style is how it feels on the day too.  


On Monday, I decided to let loose with the sideswept and added some voluminous curls to the left side of my hair.  Ran my fingers through it a few times and BAM!  Big hair, shoulder length hair. Oh big hair, how I had missed thee.



What do you think?  Which look do you like best, and why? 


No comments:

Post a Comment